With over 30 million visitors and 1 million residents demanding year-round comfort, San Diego is the perfect city in which to study ventilation, cooling and heating. HVAC training classes in San Diego start several times per year, so busy applicants can register at a school today and be ready to replace in a retiring journeyman in as little as eight months.
Why Learn HVAC?
HVAC offers a promising career for anyone graduating from high school, looking to change jobs or needing a boost in a competitive job market. HVAC students in San Diego have the ability to work for thousands of businesses throughout the region, and much of the training is transferable to other locations throughout the state.
Qualified heating and cooling technicians serve as critical team members for apartment complexes, office towers, schools, hospitals, restaurants, cruise ships, grocery stores, shopping centers and other commercial and residential settings. Many California technicians enjoy the freedoms, challenges and camaraderie that HVAC jobs provide.
Basics of HVAC/R Training
Men and women who sign up for HVAC training in San Diego have the following three options: they can choose to take a few classes and then apply those skills to their current jobs, they can enroll in an entire diploma or degree program or they can register for classes focused on national certification exams. Under all these scenarios, graduates leave school with insight into diagnostics, installation and repair.
With regard to HVAC certification, California's schools concentrate on real world skills that are demanded by local employers. San Diego HVAC schools typically align their heating and cooling curricula with one of the major certifying agencies, such as NATE, North American Technician Excellence. Students can then apply their course outcomes, hands-on training and work experience to obtain a relevant, impressive credential.
Many students also take HVAC classes in order to pass the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Section 608 refrigeration certification test. The 608 certification is mandatory for anyone handling or disposing of refrigerants and is a prerequisite for starting most HVAC/R positions.
Whether or not the end goal is an industry certificate, HVAC classes deliver the essentials of climate control theory, electrical and construction codes, energy efficiency, troubleshooting steps and manufacturer differences. They learn how to use tools related to plumbing, electricity and mechanical applications. Individuals experiment with gas and electric furnaces, heat pumps, air conditioners and light commercial refrigeration. In addition to graduating with essential experience in the trade, students also gain better communication skills, problem solving abilities and sales tactics.
Where to Take Classes in San Diego
Having access to convenient HVAC training in San Diego is one of the perks of living and working in southern California. Vocational schools, career training centers, community colleges and other institutions offer affordable education in the skilled trades.
Adults of all ages and backgrounds can take advantage of full-time or part-time programs, online lectures, local training labs and the latest technology seen in real-life settings. By finding the right HVAC training courses in San Diego, men and women can open their employment opportunities and start working in an in-demand field.
San Diego HVAC SchoolsMatching School Ads
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- Professional Diploma in Heating, Ventilation, and Air ConditioningLocations: Garland
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology - DiplomaLocations: YorkGet your career started with Intercoast Colleges. We offer a number of certificate programs in a variety of fields, including medical, allied health, massage therapy, nursing, and electrical training.
- HVAC TechnicianLocations: West Covina
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning and RefrigerationLocations: BrownsvilleFlorida Technical College has structured its Health Care, Technology, and Programming curricula to achieve one thing for its students: success in the real world.
- HVAC/R with PLC - DiplomaLocations: DeLandGet hands-on training with Vista College. We offer certificate, diploma, and associate degree programs in a wide variety of fields at our campuses in Las Cruces, New Mexico, and Amarillo, Beaumont, El Paso, Lubbock, Longview, and Killeen, Texas.
- Trades Management-HVAC
- HVACLocations: El Paso
Vatterott College is dedicated to providing students opportunities to gain the hands-on skills necessary to achieve their educational goals. In fields as diverse as Business, Medical, Technical, Trades, Cosmetology, Dental, Legal, Personal Fitness, and Veterinary, as well as many continuing education opportunities, the school has provided the latest training to give students the skills they need.
- Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Service Technician - DiplomaLocations: Joplin
Get hands-on training with South Texas Vocational Technical Institute. We offer a number of diploma programs in the skilled trades and health and wellness fields at our campuses in Weslaco, Corpus Christi, McAllen, San Antonio, and Brownsville, Texas.
- Air Conditioning, Heating and RefrigerationLocations: Corpus Christi
New England Institute of Technology is a private, non-profit, co-educational technical college offering over 30 Associate in Science, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degree programs. As a leader in Technical Career Education in southern New England, New England Tech is committed to providing hands-on technological programs that prepare graduates for positions of leadership in the technical, industrial, business, and allied health communities. Most of our associate degree programs can be completed in as little as 18 months, and bachelor’s degree programs in as little as three years.
- AS - Refrigeration / Air Conditioning
- AS - Heating TechnologyLocations: Warwick
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - HVACLocations: Vancouver