With over 30 million visitors and 1 million residents demanding year-round comfort, San Diego is the perfect city in which to study ventilation, cooling and heating. HVAC training classes in San Diego start several times per year, so busy applicants can register at a school today and be ready to replace in a retiring journeyman in as little as eight months.
Why Learn HVAC?
HVAC offers a promising career for anyone graduating from high school, looking to change jobs or needing a boost in a competitive job market. HVAC students in San Diego have the ability to work for thousands of businesses throughout the region, and much of the training is transferable to other locations throughout the state.
Qualified heating and cooling technicians serve as critical team members for apartment complexes, office towers, schools, hospitals, restaurants, cruise ships, grocery stores, shopping centers and other commercial and residential settings. Many California technicians enjoy the freedoms, challenges and camaraderie that HVAC jobs provide.
Basics of HVAC/R Training
Men and women who sign up for HVAC training in San Diego have the following three options: they can choose to take a few classes and then apply those skills to their current jobs, they can enroll in an entire diploma or degree program or they can register for classes focused on national certification exams. Under all these scenarios, graduates leave school with insight into diagnostics, installation and repair.
With regard to HVAC certification, California's schools concentrate on real world skills that are demanded by local employers. San Diego HVAC schools typically align their heating and cooling curricula with one of the major certifying agencies, such as NATE, North American Technician Excellence. Students can then apply their course outcomes, hands-on training and work experience to obtain a relevant, impressive credential.
Many students also take HVAC classes in order to pass the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Section 608 refrigeration certification test. The 608 certification is mandatory for anyone handling or disposing of refrigerants and is a prerequisite for starting most HVAC/R positions.
Whether or not the end goal is an industry certificate, HVAC classes deliver the essentials of climate control theory, electrical and construction codes, energy efficiency, troubleshooting steps and manufacturer differences. They learn how to use tools related to plumbing, electricity and mechanical applications. Individuals experiment with gas and electric furnaces, heat pumps, air conditioners and light commercial refrigeration. In addition to graduating with essential experience in the trade, students also gain better communication skills, problem solving abilities and sales tactics.
Where to Take Classes in San Diego
Having access to convenient HVAC training in San Diego is one of the perks of living and working in southern California. Vocational schools, career training centers, community colleges and other institutions offer affordable education in the skilled trades.
Adults of all ages and backgrounds can take advantage of full-time or part-time programs, online lectures, local training labs and the latest technology seen in real-life settings. By finding the right HVAC training courses in San Diego, men and women can open their employment opportunities and start working in an in-demand field.
San Diego HVAC SchoolsMatching School Ads
- Earn Your Degree at Fortis College. Flexible Scheduling. Apply Now!
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration - Diploma
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration - Associate
- And more...Locations: Grand Prairie
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Refrigeration & HVAC (Colorado Springs)Locations: Colorado SpringsPenn Foster offers affordable, self-paced career-focused distance education programs in fields like business, criminal justice, health services, technology, engineering, paralegal studies and more.
- HVACR Technician
Vatterott College is dedicated to providing students opportunities to gain the hands-on skills necessary to achieve their educational goals. In fields as diverse as Business, Medical, Technical, Trades, Cosmetology, Dental, Legal, Personal Fitness, and Veterinary, as well as many continuing education opportunities, the school has provided the latest training to give students the skills they need.
- Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Diploma
- Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration AASLocations: QuincyGet your career started with Intercoast Colleges. We offer a number of certificate programs in a variety of fields, including medical, allied health, massage therapy, nursing, and electrical training.
- HVAC TechnicianLocations: Fairfield
You can get started on a new career with Institute of Technology. We offer diploma and associate degree programs for careers in the culinary, technical, medical, business, and legal fields.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.iot.edu/disclosure.
- Heating, Ventilation, and ACLocations: ModestoBranford Hall Career Institute offers career-focused education that gives you the job skills you need to make the leap into some of today's hottest careers.
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Service TechnologyLocations: BohemiaReady for an exciting new career? Southern Technical College offers intensive, hands-on career training in the areas of business, health sciences and applied electronics technology.
- Applied Electronics Technology- HVAC Major (Diploma)
- Applied Electronics Technology- HVAC Major (Associate's)Locations: SanfordGet hands-on training with Vista College. We offer certificate, diploma, and associate degree programs in a wide variety of fields at our campuses in Las Cruces, New Mexico, and Amarillo, Beaumont, El Paso, Lubbock, Longview, and Killeen, Texas.
- HVACLocations: Amarillo
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
- Degree - Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Certificate - Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and RefrigerationLocations: Lancaster