With over 30 million visitors and 1 million residents demanding year-round comfort, San Diego is the perfect city in which to study ventilation, cooling and heating. HVAC training classes in San Diego start several times per year, so busy applicants can register at a school today and be ready to replace in a retiring journeyman in as little as eight months.
Why Learn HVAC?
HVAC offers a promising career for anyone graduating from high school, looking to change jobs or needing a boost in a competitive job market. HVAC students in San Diego have the ability to work for thousands of businesses throughout the region, and much of the training is transferable to other locations throughout the state.
Qualified heating and cooling technicians serve as critical team members for apartment complexes, office towers, schools, hospitals, restaurants, cruise ships, grocery stores, shopping centers and other commercial and residential settings. Many California technicians enjoy the freedoms, challenges and camaraderie that HVAC jobs provide.
Basics of HVAC/R Training
Men and women who sign up for HVAC training in San Diego have the following three options: they can choose to take a few classes and then apply those skills to their current jobs, they can enroll in an entire diploma or degree program or they can register for classes focused on national certification exams. Under all these scenarios, graduates leave school with insight into diagnostics, installation and repair.
With regard to HVAC certification, California's schools concentrate on real world skills that are demanded by local employers. San Diego HVAC schools typically align their heating and cooling curricula with one of the major certifying agencies, such as NATE, North American Technician Excellence. Students can then apply their course outcomes, hands-on training and work experience to obtain a relevant, impressive credential.
Many students also take HVAC classes in order to pass the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Section 608 refrigeration certification test. The 608 certification is mandatory for anyone handling or disposing of refrigerants and is a prerequisite for starting most HVAC/R positions.
Whether or not the end goal is an industry certificate, HVAC classes deliver the essentials of climate control theory, electrical and construction codes, energy efficiency, troubleshooting steps and manufacturer differences. They learn how to use tools related to plumbing, electricity and mechanical applications. Individuals experiment with gas and electric furnaces, heat pumps, air conditioners and light commercial refrigeration. In addition to graduating with essential experience in the trade, students also gain better communication skills, problem solving abilities and sales tactics.
Where to Take Classes in San Diego
Having access to convenient HVAC training in San Diego is one of the perks of living and working in southern California. Vocational schools, career training centers, community colleges and other institutions offer affordable education in the skilled trades.
Adults of all ages and backgrounds can take advantage of full-time or part-time programs, online lectures, local training labs and the latest technology seen in real-life settings. By finding the right HVAC training courses in San Diego, men and women can open their employment opportunities and start working in an in-demand field.
San Diego HVAC SchoolsMatching School Ads
Get hands-on training with Remington College. We offer diploma and associate and bachelor's degree programs in business, criminal justice, culinary arts, health care, and cosmetology at our campuses in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas — plus some courses are offered online.
- Professional Diploma in Heating, Ventilation, and Air ConditioningLocations: Fort WorthBranford Hall Career Institute offers career-focused education that gives you the job skills you need to make the leap into some of today's hottest careers.
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Service TechnologyLocations: BohemiaTake your career to a whole new level with a degree from Everest Institute. Programs available in Accounting, Paralegal, Business Administration and more.
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (Diploma)Locations: San Antonio
PUT YOUR CAREER IN GEAR
If you enjoy working with your hands and are looking for a rewarding career, contact Advanced Technology Institute, located in Virginia Beach, VA!
ATI offers NATEF/ASE Master Certified Automotive Technology programs, is approved for Veterans, and is licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia. Financial Assistance is available for those who qualify and graduate employment services are also offered.
- HVAC and Refrigeration - Diploma
- HVAC and Refrigeration w/ Service Management - Associate'sLocations: Virginia BeachGet your career started with Intercoast Colleges. We offer a number of certificate programs in a variety of fields, including medical, allied health, massage therapy, nursing, and electrical training.
- HVAC TechnicianLocations: West Covina
Get in, get out, get ahead with Southern Technical College!
At Southern Technical College, our career training programs are designed to help you reach your career goals ? whatever they may be! Southern Technical College is the right place for students who want quality career training in the growing fields of Allied Health, Business, Design, Education, Information Technology, Legal Studies, Nursing and Technical Trades.
- Applied Electronics Technology- HVAC Major (Diploma)
- Applied Electronics Technology- HVAC Major (Associate's)Locations: SanfordGet hands-on training with Vista College. We offer certificate, diploma, and associate degree programs in a wide variety of fields at our campuses in Las Cruces, New Mexico, and Amarillo, Beaumont, El Paso, Lubbock, Longview, and Killeen, Texas.
- HVACLocations: Lubbock
At Brightwood Career Institute, we offer accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience focused on helping you gain skills for your chosen career.
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood Career Institute focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & RefrigerationLocations: Pittsburgh
Vatterott College is dedicated to providing students opportunities to gain the hands-on skills necessary to achieve their educational goals. In fields as diverse as Business, Medical, Technical, Trades, Cosmetology, Dental, Legal, Personal Fitness, and Veterinary, as well as many continuing education opportunities, the school has provided the latest training to give students the skills they need.
- Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology
- Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration MechanicLocations: Saint Charles
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- HVACR (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refridgeration)Locations: Branford