One of the best job opportunities in the Las Vegas area is in the field of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and there are plenty of quality hvac schools in Las Vegas to choose from. The summer heat in Las Vegas contributes to the rapid breakdown of A/C equipment, which can pose a serious threat especially to the young and elderly.
Given the economic challenges that the nation faces, it is especially important to pursue high paying career paths that are expected to be in high demand for years to come.
A starting HVAC technician can expect to earn $30,000 per year in Las Vegas and career advancement opportunities are tremendous. A skilled HVAC technician who has a few years of experience can even begin his or her own small business, which can generate upwards of $50,000 per year.
One of the best aspects of becoming an HVAC technician in Las Vegas is that no specific HVAC certification is required, but it is necessary to pass three tests in order to be able to purchase and and handle refrigerants. Let's take a look at the options you have in terms of HVAC schools in Las Vegas.
One of the HVAC schools in Las Vegas is:
- Quality Technical Training Center located on 4625 S. Procyon Ave. Suite A. This training program is known for allowing a maximum of just 26 students per class in order to guarantee that all students receive high quality hands-on training.
With over 18,000 square feet of classroom and labs, this is an excellent option for those wishing to become an HVAC technician in Las Vegas. Each of the labs in this facility is equipped with working heating and air conditioning units as well as refrigeration units.
Another one of the HVAC schools in Las Vegas is:
- Advanced Training Institute located on 3970 Las Vegas Blvd. North. This HVAC training institute has been training those in Las Vegas for an HVAC career since 2002. In less than a year, you will develop the skills necessary to pursue a career in this exciting field.
This program offers financial aid and is designed so that you can continue your current career while obtaining your training in the field. The fact that you have the opportunity to continue your current career, receive financial aid and avoid having to earn specific HVAC certification in Las Vegas makes it a truly viable career path.
Two excellent HVAC schools in Las Vegas include, Quality Technical Training Center and Advanced Training Institute. Both of these institutions really emphasize "hands on" training, which will fully prepare you for an exciting career in the field of HVAC.
You have the flexibility of continuing your current job and receiving financial assistant, which can really help you financially while you work to become an HVAC technician. The fact that you do not need HVAC certification in Las Vegas, but just need to pass three tests to handle refrigerants will also save you significant time.
HVAC Schools Offering Training In Las Vegas And Nevada
Matching School AdsGet the hands-on training and skills it takes to succeed with Ashworth College, a respected, worldwide leader in distance education. Study at the times and places most convenient for you.
- Heating and Air ConditioningPenn Foster offers affordable, self-paced career-focused distance education programs in fields like business, criminal justice, health services, technology, engineering, paralegal studies and more.
- HVAC TechnicianYou deserve a great new career - one that challenges you, and is personally rewarding. Technical training is an investment in yourself. It's something that you will always have and be able to build a future on.
- HVAC/R TechnicianLocations: Las Vegas
Penn Foster Career School
Having the right skills is vitally important in today’s super-competitive job market. With online training from Penn Foster Career School, students are assured of learning up-to-date career skills that will prepare them for the jobs of today and tomorrow. Students at Penn Foster Career School can get the training they need quickly, conveniently, and affordably.
Penn Foster is one of the world’s largest and most respected online education providers. Their programs are job focused, and they offer training for employment in the fastest-growing fields in business, technology, health care, and the trades.
- Penn Foster
- HVACR Technician